The Aegean Speed Lines was founded in 2005 and located in Glyfada. The first boat was a catamaran that connects the hotel with the Western Cyclades and the Aegean Sea. In 2006, The island was excluded from the route in 2007, apart from the Western Cyclades, the ship’s company and was traveling to Folegandros. Today, Aegean Speed Lines and its ship, the Speedrunner II, serving Kythnos, Serifos, Sifnos, Milos, Kimolos and Folegandros. The social services provided by the company is very important because these small islands remain isolated in the winter, so they need a modern and reliable vessel for their association with mainland Greece. Also, by a good transport system, tourism, a major source of income for these islands, growing and improving the quality of life.
General Terms & Conditions
PASSENGER'S TICKET TERMS :
1. The boarding ticket is personal, nominal and non transferable and it is valid only for the class and the particular trip it has been issued for.
2. According to EU Directive 98/41 it is mandatory, for safety reasons, to list by name all passengers on every sailing.
To make that possible, tickets are issued BY NAME and specifically must include:
- PASSENGER’S FIRST AND LAST NAME
- GENDER: MALE/FEMALE
- AGE: ADULT-CHILD-INFANT
Passengers are advised to provide their travel agency with a telephone number (preferably a mobile phone number) so they can be contacted in case of emergency e.g. cancellation of departure due to bad weather conditions etc.
3. Passengers should board on the vessel an hour prior to departure. If passengers miss departure, the ticket value will not be refunded. In case a passenger wishes to cancel his/her ticket prior to the vessel's departure, he/she is entitled to receive half of the ticket fare.
4. Children up to 4 years old: it is obligatory to issue a Free of Charge ticket. , whereas children from four (4) years up to ten (10) years of age pay half the price of the ticket.
5. In case of loss of a ticket, that will not be replaced or refunded. In case of loss of tickets it is necessary to buy new tickets. Subsequently, a claim should be lodged with the company as soon as possible and in any case prior to the voyage date, stating the date, itinerary and serial number of the lost tickets, as well as photocopies of the new tickets.
6. The ship-owning company has no responsibility for any luggage damage or loss.
7. The ship-owning company is by no means responsible for any delay of the vessel's schedule, deviation and inconsistency to the standard route due to bad weather conditions or special orders by the Ministry of Defence or by the Port Authorities for act of God reasons.
8. Passengers are responsible to keep the Port, Sanitary and Customs rules.
9. Passengers should discipline to the instructions given by the captain or the crew for matters concerning the conservation of order and safety of the vessel.
10. There is a complaint box available on board the vessel. Any passenger who wishes to make a complaint wiil be assisted by the crew.
11. If the trip is cancelled at the company's fault, the ticket fare will be refunded to the passengers. The ship-owning will have no other obligation.
12. The ship-owning company retains the right, following the Ministry's approval, to replace the vessel, for which a particular ticket has been issued.
VEHICLE TRANSFER PROOF CONDITIONS
- The driver is obliged to load and unload the vehicle.
- The vehicles should be in the loading area an hour prior to the vessel's departure.
- The driver will not be entitled to receive a refund of the ticket fare if he/she misses the vessel's departure. If the driver declares before the vessel's departure he/she is not willing to travel, then he/she will be entitled to receive a refund of the corresponding amount of the ticket, according to commercial policy.
- In case of loss of the vehicle tickets, these will not be refunded.
- Passengers others than the driver of the vehicle are obliged to step out of the vehicle prior to loading.
- Passengers should carry with them any items they may need during the trip. After the vessel's departure any access to the parking area is forbidden.
- Embarkation priority is defined by the Port rules, the relevant Authority and the shipowning company.